The physicians on our Ob/Gyn team are medical doctors and midwives expert diagnosticians, highly-skilled surgeons, and compassionate caregivers. Experienced physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and other health care providers who are certified, skilled, and experienced in caring for pregnant women and their unborn and newborn babies round out the care team.Women know they are getting excellent care, and they know their babies are starting off their lives in the most caring, compassionate, and skilled hands.
In cases of obstetrical emergency or high-risk delivery, our OB Rapid Response Team, which includes obstetricians, NICU doctors (Neonatologists), neonatal nurses, and anesthesiologists, is called in to ensure the best possible outcomes for mother and baby.
Some of our top-rated services include:
- Labor and Delivery unit
- Electronic fetal monitoring system, allowing our caregivers to watch and monitor babies and their mothers
- Combined spinal and epidural pain management (walking epidural) for women in labor
- Level 3 NICU
- Neonatologists available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 24/7 specialist consultation in anesthesia, pediatrics, obstetrics, urogynecology, internal medicine, infectious diseases, psychiatry, neurology, and intensive care
- We offer classes to new parents and their families on topics such as: parenting, breastfeeding, Infant Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Fortis has made a commitment to increase breastfeeding rates and is a designated ï¿½Baby Friendlyï¿½ hospital.
- Obstetrical Ultrasound
- Prenatal MRI
- 3-D ultrasound
- Full range of genetic testing, including Nuchal Translucency (NT) Screening
- Chorionic Villus Sampling
- Minimally invasive treatment for pregnant women with indication of surgery during pregnancy, including: laparoscopic appendectomy, cystectomy and cholecystectomy
- Donor Breast Milk
- Kangaroo Care
- 24-hour visitation policy for parents and family members
- Instruction in comprehensive developmental care including infant-driven feedings, swaddle bathing and skin-to-skin ï¿½kangarooï¿½ care